Ten Reasons Why Being Over Fifty Is The Shit
Even though my neck is developing a waddle, my arms are jiggly, and my bra size is a 36 long, I’m FAR from dead.
I feel great, look good for my age, and I want to just give life a big slap on the ass for providing such incomparable entertainment, ( because we all came here to be entertained, right?)
Here’s to fifty and beyond!
1) No more zits. That’s huge for me. I literally had chin acne up until five minutes ago.
2) More free time because of reduced mirror time.
I can’t really see, and using the magnifying mirror is masochistic, so, if I have an occasional chin hair or stray lipstick creeping into the creases above my lip line, cut me some slack.
While I used to relish getting ready in the morning, these days the routine ends with me throwing my arms up saying: “Okay; this is as good as it gets.”
3) My BS meter is finely tuned,
I can smell a “story” a mile away.
4) I BE WISE.
I did not sit my life out on the sidelines, I HAVE LIVED.
Therefore, I may not have a ton of common sense, or be that tech savvy,
but “I be wise in the ways of the world.”
5) People’s expectations of me are less, (idiots) so when I get off the back of the motorcycle or I’m funny or say something current, they’re like, “Damn!”
6) My bucket list is getting shorter, and it seems suddenly attainable. Bo Shizzle!
7) I have felt all different kinds of love (except for a child….next life.)
But I DO know the difference between dog love and cat love, teenage crush, mis-guided 20 something love, sibling love, infatuation (not to be confused with love), lust (also not to be mistaken, under ANY circumstances for love), “I love you, but I’m not in love with you, love”, platonic love, love of country (don’t wince, travel; then come talk to me),
8) I don’t give a FUCK.
My inhibitions are almost non-existent. I’ll give my opinion, I don’t shy away from conflict, I’ll sing first at any audition, I’ll dance in Greek restaurants.
There’s not much that scares me anymore, much to my loved one’s horror.
9) I stopped asking why. It was just SO exhausting. I wish I’d stopped sooner.
10) I realize that I may have more years behind me than in front of me, and that doesn’t make me sad (most days), it mobilizes me. Times a wastin’!
Okay you over fifties, what can you add?
If you haven’t reached fifty yet, what are you looking forward to?
Let me know in the comments!